How to receive letters from the Norwegian Industrial Property Office digitally
To ensure that you receive important information from us, we recommend using Altinn, the internet portal for digital dialogue. You will receive an e-mail from us when a letter has been sent and by logging in to Altinn you will be able to read the letter immediately.
How to become an Altinn customer
- Log in to Altinn. To do this you need a Norwegian national ID number.
If you do not have a Norwegian national ID number, click here for further instructions.
- Select the form: Either Correspondence to the Norwegian Industrial Property Office or Form for communicating with NIPO (for non-citizens)
- Check that your contact information under "Sender" is correct.
- Be sure to fill in your e-mail address under "Contact information".
- Choose a subject area. In the field «Reference number», enter the application number for an application you have submitted to us.
- In the field «What is your enquiry?», write that you wish to become an Altinn customer. If you have previously filed more than one application with us, please write down the other application numbers here. You will find all publicly available applications in our database.
If you represent a company, the CEO of the company must delegate the role "Patent, trademark and design" to you in Altinn. This is done via the tab «Profile», «Others with rights to the business».