Good reasons for registering a design
Get a head start in the market
A design registration gives you exclusive rights to use your design commercially. If a conflict arises, you will be in a better posisjon to defend your rights if you have registered your design.
Registering your trademark is important because it enables you to document your exclusive rights, and can:
- increase your competitive advantage and improve the possibility of earning money from your design
- help you achieve a greater market share
- gives you a sound basis for entering into sales and licensing agreements with others.
- make your business more attractive to partners and investors
- help to prevent conflicts
- be used as evidence in a conflict