There are several things you should think about before filing your application. Our application guides lead you through the application process.
Trademark: Read our guide and apply for a trademark in Norway
Patent: Read our guide and apply for a patent in Norway
Design: Read our guide and apply for design registration in Norway
No Norwegian national ID number?
The Norwegian Industrial Property Office (NIPO) offers a secure electronic solution for those of our customers without a national ID number. File applications and communicate with us electronically. Read more about how you can do this.
Other online forms
Use the following forms in Altinn to communicate with us. See over for information about how to log in without a Norwegian national ID number.
Correspondence in connection with an application or registration
Use the form for correspondence to NIPO.
Notification of transfer, merger or change of name, address or representative
Use this form in Altinn if you wish make changes to existing trademarks, designs, and patent applications or rights.
Priority certificates and certified copies
Use the form for ordering priority certificates and certified copies from NIPO.
Apply for a responsibility mark
Use the form for a responsibility mark
Apply for a collective mark or a non-conventional trademark (or a trademark)
Use the application form: Trademark application.
NB for conventional trademarks: if short processing time is important, we recommend the application guide described at the top of this page.
European patent applications and validation of European patents
Use the form: New publication of European patent applications and validation of European patents
Alternative way of applying for a trademark, design or patent
You can also apply for a trademark, design or patent to Altinn, but we recommend the application guide described at the top of the page.
Trademark: Trademark application
Design: Application for design registration
Patent: Patent application
Some of our forms are available only in PDF format. It is unfortunately not possible to fill out and save these forms electronically. If you have problems opening a PDF form try a different browser og update to a newer version of Adobe Acrobat.
We do not have application forms in PDF format for patents, trademarks and designs. Use the electronic forms at the top of the page.
If you can not find the form you need, call our Customer Service Centre at +47 22 38 73 00.
- Declaration of right to the invention | Notes
- Application for a Supplementary Protection Certificate (SPC) (Form in Norwegian)
- Application for an Extension of a Supplementary Protection Certificate for Pharmaceutical Products | Notes (Form in English and Notes in Norwegian)
- Patent pledge: krav om anmerkning av pant | Notes (Form and Notes are in Norwegian)
- Request for participation in Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) Pilot Program
Other forms (in Norwegian)
- Administrative review of a company name (foretaksnavn) | Notes (Form and Notes are in Norwegian)
- Other changes | Notes (Forms and Notes are in Norwegian)
Other forms (in English)
- Internasjonal Registration of a Trade Mark (Madrid System) (Link to WIPO)
How to submit forms in PDF format to the NIPO
Fill out the form and send it either:
- by regular mail to one of NIPO's official addresses, or
- as correspondence in Altinn. If you cannot use Altinn for various reasons, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Do not send applications and documents to case officers or the Customer Service Centre.