No Norwegian national ID number?
Please note that this means all communication in both previous and new cases with the NIPO will now be sent to the same Altinn account.
Direct links to our forms in Altinn
The first time you file an application, you must create a user in Altinn.
Important: When creating your account - use the e-mail address in which you wish to receive all communication from the NIPO.
- Click on one of the links below
- Click «Log in»
- At the bottom of the screen, click “Proceed to alternative login methods”.
- At the bottom of the screen, click “Log in without national identity number/D-number→ “.
- The first time you log in, you must «Create a new user».
- Form for communicating with the NIPO (for non-citizens)
- Publication of European patent applications and validation of European patents to the NIPO (for non-citizens)
- Trademark application to the NIPO (for non-citizens)
- Patent application to the NIPO (for non-citizens)
- Design application to the NIPO (for non-citizens)
- Notification to the NIPO regarding change in ownership, merger or change of name/address/representative (for non-citizens)
- Responsibility mark to the NIPO (for non-citizens)
- Ordering priority certificates and certified copies from the Norwegian Industrial Property Office
Receipt for filing and payment
NIPO will not send you a receipt. To obtain a receipt, choose one of the following methods:
- To receive an automatic receipt by e-mail when submitting a form:
At the top of the page in your inbox in Altinn you must choose “profile”. Open your contact information and check the box “I would like to receive a receipt by e-mail when submitting forms”.
- Find your receipt on the receipt page (which will appear as soon as you have paid the application), or in your archive in Altinn. Choose ‘Send a copy of the receipt by e-mail’, or save it to your device by clicking ‘Print receipt’.
Messages, completed forms and work in progress
After receiving an e-mail alert from the NIPO, you will find our message in your inbox on www.altinn.no/en. Note that each message has two due dates. You find the actual due date for replying to our letter once you open the message. The shorter due date you see on the right hand side of the message before opening it, is for sending you a reminder if you have not opened the message by this date.
In your inbox, you will also find forms that you are still working on (not completed or sent to the NIPO). You will find forms (and receipts) that you have submitted in your archive (on the left hand side in your inbox).
If you have any questions, contact our Customer Service Centre: + 47 22 38 73 00