The European Patent Academy‘s roadshow is making a stop in Oslo to present a seminar especially directed towards SMEs.
The purpose is to show that although intellectual property (IP) may be a complicated legal field, it also provides plenty of opportunities and benefits to SMEs. Why should your company bother with IP/IP management, and how can SMEs implement an IP strategy? These questions will be answered during the presentations.
- What can be protected by patents and other intellectual property rights
- Commercialisation of proprietary technology - getting a strategic advantage
- Basic IP toolkit for SMEs – hacks and common pitfalls
- Creating strategic business advantages from IP
- SME case study of Orcan Energy, illustrating business advantages from IP
- National and European filing strategies
- National support options for SMEs
A case study of Orcan Energy will illustrate how a suitable IP strategy and IP management has provided an energy start-up with a solid business model and attracted funding. The programme is complemented by presentations on intellectual property rights options, in particular patents, and various measures to support innovation projects.