At this seminar, you will learn about development strategies impacting software patents. Find out about the major developments in European patent law and learn about recent US case law impacting software patents in the US. We will discuss the differences between patenting in the United States and Europe. During the day we will also complete case-studies on claim drafting, to illustrate how you can avoid pitfalls.
- Recent decisions from the EPO and the US impacting patents on software and computer technologies
- Procedures and pitfalls in the fields of computer-implemented inventions in Europe and the US
- An in-house perspective on managing IP-protection of software-related inventions
- How to understand and exploit the differences between the United States and Europe on the scope of available patent protection
- Ongoing public debate about whether patent protection should be available for software-related and business-related inventions
- Tactics for US practice and the latest US strategies in dealing with obviousness and the rise of indefiniteness and written description issues
- Tips and tricks for US practice