Under the guidance of experts from Management Forum you will learn to understand and gain from the development strategies impacting software patents, and the differences between patenting in the United States and Europe. We will also complete case studies on claim drafting, to illustrate how you can avoid pitfalls.
- Recent decisions from the EPO and the US impacting patents on software and computer technologies
- Patenting tips and pitfalls in Europe and the US for computer-implemented inventions
- US prosecution strategies under the USPTO’s most recent examination guidelines
- Global drafting and prosecution tactics for these technologies
- In-house perspectives and advice for managing IP protection in these technical fields
Complimentary textbook and networking reception opportunities for in-person attendees
Why you should attend:
- Learn about development strategies impacting computer-implemented innovations and patents
- Find out about the major developments in European and U.S. patent law, such as those for GUI inventions and ‘mixed’ inventions with both patentable and non-patentable subject-matter
- Understand the recent decisions and the differences between U.S. and European guidance in this area
- Obtain valuable insights from experience from in-house counsel on how to best manage IP protection for these technologies
Participants at Sandakerveien 64 will have the opportunity to end the course with networking, pizza, beer, wine and soft drinks.
This course is for patent attorneys (private practice and industry), in-house patent and general counsel, chief information officers and chief technology officers, business development and technology professionals.